Sunday

Faux Eggs!!

When I was 'springing' up my house last week,
 I wanted to display a
 birds nest with some small eggs. 

 I searched in all my seasonal decor and couldn't find any at all.


                                            What was I to do?

(this is me thinking)



Then I found a huge bag of....
Pecans??  Why not?  They sorta look like eggs, don't they?


See that little pointy thingy? 



Since eggs don't have those, I filed them off with a fingernail file.



Then I painted them.  This paint is green because I got it on clearance.  You've heard of green eggs and ham!



I used acrylic paint.
  I tried spray paint but the acrylic covered in one coat.


I think I needed to file it a little more.



I used a felt tip pen because I wanted them to have spots, like this...




These are real eggs in a real nest.



Pecan Eggs...all cozy in their nest!
(The flash on the camera make them look blue.)




Ready for Spring!




I know you ladies have some great ideas and I would to hear them!

Warmly,
gail

~~your comments make me smile!~~



I'm linky to the party!!



4 comments:

  1. You are such a delight to read how creative you are....enjoying your blog so much!~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to use pecans... they look fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, those are beautiful! What a great idea, you did such a good job painting them, I would never have guessed!

    Thanks for linking!

    Andy
    Poppies at Play

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha -- how precious! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! They always make me smile...