Sunday

Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt!

Last week I had the honor of being one of the many Blue Shirts to work on the Extreme Makeover Home Edition in Mineola Texas!



What an experience of a lifetime, to be a part of such a massive undertaking.  It's truly amazing to see strangers come together with such a spirit of giving.  Wouldn't the world be a better place if Matthew 22:37-39 that were the norm?

The Carr family is a beautiful family and well deserving of the love their community gave to them.

The home is absolutly beautiful!!  I wish I could tell you about it, but you'll have to wait till the show airs on May 9th.

But I do have some sneek pics I can share of how it all started........



Lumber waiting to be a home.


The beginnings of a dream come true.







Can't wait for you to see this!


She is air brushing the bedding to go into the room I got to help with!


Fantabulous Food!  Workers resting and recharging.


Ta-Da!!  Isn't it beautiful!


And now to answer the question I'm sure you have all been wondering about. 

 YES!!!  I got to see Ty!!!!



And no, I didn't get his autograph. *sniff sniff*


And YES he is more gorgous in person!  


 All the cast was extremly kind. Paige said 'Hi' to me as she walked by me.


If you ever get a chance to volunteer on any community project, I promice you will blessed beyond measure.

Warmly,
gail

Photography credit for Extreme Home Makeover - http://www.alexmphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! They always make me smile...